Bachelor Degreed-Certified Teacher - Student Ratio 1:15 Child must be 5 yrs. by December 31st
Full Time/ MWF (Full Day Only Option)
Our Accelerated Transitional Kinder Program is developed for children turning five years of age by December 31st. The curriculum expands upon the preschool curriculum developing beginning reading, writing, math, and science skills through teacher directed instruction, hands-on activities, thematic related centers, cooking, and outdoor play. Children develop a positive self-concept through a balance of self and teacher facilitated activities throughout the school day.
Daily schedule offers a combination of whole group teacher lead instruction, outdoor play, free exploration, snack, lunch, and a short rest time similar to a full day of Kindergarten preparing children to work independently.
- Frog Street Literacy & Math Program Curriculum
- Integration of math concepts, literature, science, and art in meaningful ways to children.
- Daily Handwriting Instruction & Writing Journals
- Developmental Writing/ Invented/ Phonetic Spelling
- Sight Word Readers
- Age appropriate learning zones geared towards thematic units, skills of study, and building of fine and gross motor skills.
- Emphasis on natural outdoor play.
- Quarterly assessments are given to track children’s individual progress.
- Daily Folder w/monthly calendar of activities, behavior tracking, and special events
- Classroom Monthly Newsletter
Full Time/ Part Time (MWF) Full-Day Only Option
“I absolutely love everything about this school! The teachers are AMAZING and GENUINELY CARE about the students. My daughter has EXCELLED so much! I am so thankful we chose Giant Steps instead of going elsewhere like we had planned. Wish we could stay longer.”
- Vanessa Trevino
SHOWING YOUR CHILD A LOVE FOR LEARNING
Schedule a tour with us to see our beautiful Giant Steps’ grounds and classrooms to get a better idea of what makes Giant Steps Early Learning School so extraordinary!